When everything is important, the reality is that nothing is really all that important. When the critical tasks get accomplished at the same pace as everything else, your list of critical tasks simply gets longer. Building a winning strategy to differentiate between important and critical is essential to providing the relevant direction your team needs to compete and thrive. Gain insight into enabling your team to function more effectively in your high stakes environments!
COHESIVE TEAM BUILDING INCLUDES
- Define Success in Terms of the Organization
- Its Not My Problem is Your Problem
- Why is the Only Thing That Really Matters
- Recognize the Critical Role Each Person Plays
- Separate What’s Important from What’s Important Right Now
- Define the Decisions You Expect Your Team to Make
- Develop a Common Vision and Shared Sense of Purpose
When everyone understands how their contribution impacts the organization – companies win! Waiting until a crisis emerges to implement processes that effectively engage your team in the problem solving process is two steps too late. Every decision you make is an opportunity to engage and empower your team to make the right decisions when they matter most. Ultimately, when people understand what the organization needs to do and how their roles feed into the larger process, it makes it much harder for them to get it wrong. When they don’t have that information, it makes in very unlikely they will get it right very often. The more time you spend explaining upfront, the less time you’ll spend supervising to mitigate the preventable mistakes on the back end.