Advanced Course Skill Checks
The goal of the skill check is to ensure you are capable of effectively demonstrating the minimum required skills to safely participate in training. Passing this course of fire should NOT be challenging. Please shoot this on your own repeatedly so you know you can meet the standards if you have not attended previous training with Aegis Academy. This is for the safety of yourself, our other clients and staff, and we don't want to turn you away any more then you to leave. We look forward to working with each of you in the near future!
All scoreable rounds must impact in the 8 inch chest circle or the 4 inch head circle to count. Any round off the silhouette or target is an automatic failure.
To pass 20/25 rounds must impact within the eight-inch chest circle or the four inch head circle.Advanced Pistol Course Skill Check:
Advanced Carbine Skill Check:
- Understand and articulate the four universal weapon safety rules.
- Demonstrate safe load, unload, presentation, holster and weapon manipulation skills.
- Clear three (3) type one malfunctions from the holster (we will mix 3 live and 3 dummy rounds randomly in your magazine) from 7 yards – 15 seconds.
- Clear a type two malfunction from the ready and fire one round on target from 7 yards – 5 seconds
- Clear a type three malfunction from the ready and fire one round on target from 7 yards – 15 seconds.
- From the holster, fire one round, conduct an emergency (Slide lock) reload, and fire a second round at 7 yards – 7 seconds.
- Fire two (2) Failure Drills (two rounds in the chest, one in the head) from 7 yards - 6 Seconds for each iteration.
- Moving from 15 – 7 yards, fire two pairs on the move on the fire commands.
- Moving backward 7 – 15 yards, fire two pairs on the move on the fire commands.
- Fire four (4) rounds on target from 15 yards - 15 seconds.
Advanced Shotgun Skill Check